Animal Farm Q7
Are there any settings in this novel which you have found to be beautiful? or disturbing? or memorable? describe these settings and comment on why they were meaningful to you.
I don’t think I remember any beautiful or delightful settings in this novel. I think it is because the novel is based on violent revolution and killings following. But I found the very last part of the story to be disturbing but memorable. It is when pigs had shortened their 7 commandments into one single suspicious sentence, and act like humans. The setting when humans and pigs meet altogether and Napoleon giving a speech while others drink was very interesting as I imagine the fat pigs wearing humans’ clothes and acting like a human. It was meaningful also because many other animals witness the scene, interacting and dealing with humans, and because pigs and humans get to fight again pretty soon. They get to play a card game and soon find an error; Napoleon and Mr. Pilkington both had ace of spades in their hands. It was memorable because I liked the way the author had described that pigs and humans are the same in the way they act; do whatever is essential for their own benefit, greed, or desire. It was meaningful to me because the setting has proven to me that the effort the animals had put to bring equality in their life has led to nothing. I thought of a big circle because now the animals have repeated the same meaningless thing. It was also a bit sad because it kind of tells me that the effort of the years of the animals was pointless. But it was meaningful in a way the author used a figurative language to explain the human condition.


1 Comments:
I agree that pigs took advantage of the animals and acted in a disturbing way. However, do you think that pigs acting in such a way is due to the rest of the other animals? I think that the animals should take big credit to the pigs acting violent and cruel because they did nothing about their situation. Although they might have felt scared and weak at the point, they should have debated the pigs and know what is really going on to their surroundings. If they paid attention to their enviornment, then maybe they could've prevented the disasterous situation they were placed.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home