Lord of the Flies Q4

What is the climax of this novel? what happens? how do the events of this novel make you feel?
The climax of this story is when Roger killed Piggy, and the conch was totally destroyed. At that time Piggy had been the only supporter of Ralph now, since all the others had betrayed him. He was consistent in his opinion, and was also very loyal to Ralph since he tolerated Ralph making fun of him and kept on supporting Ralph’s idea. Yet, now the only supporter died. I think this is point of no return because the number of supporters has been decreasing and now it has become zero. This is the highest crisis of Ralph, since he now has to survive by himself without anyone aiding him.
Moreover, the destruction of the conch made the situation even worse. I think what the conch meant was the power of Ralph because it had power to have control over others; it could make others be silent and listen to what he says. It could also call an assembly. The conch has been the signal for the right to talk and to grab attention from others. However, the conch has been totally devastated, which means now Ralph’s only hope and right has been ignored.
The event made me feel very depressive and sad. The first reason is because Piggy died since he has been my favorite character by obeying Ralph permanently. I felt sorry for Ralph as I thought what would happen to Ralph now. It would be such a harsh time going through the enemies. I can’t even imagine being alone on the island with no friend and supporter.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home